Do you have an evening routine to follow for optimum sleep? Do you take time to relax & switch off before bedtime? Is your bedroom laid out in a way to promote good sleep?
These (and more) are all things to consider before settling down at night so that you enable your body to heal & reset each night.
Here’s some of my routine I follow to make sure I sleep well so am rested and ready for the next day.
1) Phones & devices off: 8pm for business when my last course & interaction will finish. 9pm for personal calls etc if not before
2) Read before bed: whether it’s a book or magazine, I make sure to switch off from anything that’s happened in the day & lose myself in something
3) Shower/ Bath: Either before reading or after, I like to wash off the day & let go of anything bothering me
4) Clothes for the next day: I choose what I will wear the next day & lay them out ready
5) Notebook & pen: I write down anything on my mind or anything I want to find answers to & keep that next to my bed ready for my morning pages the next day.
6) Water: I have water before bed, next to my bed for during the night & also to drink when I wake.
7) Meditation: whether sitting or lying down I do my meditation before bed which is generally between 30- 60 mins
What’s your evening routine?
Photo by Jaymantri on Pexels.com