Mindfulness & Compassion Teacher and Coach for those wanting to be more self-aware, develop self-acceptance and find a place of belonging
WHY CHOOSE MINDFULNESS?
Find the joy in every moment
Mindfulness is a type of meditation in which you focus on being intensely aware of what you're sensing and feeling in the moment, without interpretation or judgment.
Practicing mindfulness can take the form of mindful breathing, body scans and mindful movement. These can be formal practices guided or self-guided for longer than 30 minutes or informal practices which can be anything shorter than 30 minutes.
Here are some examples of mindful activities you may have done yourself or may wish to try to see how it works for you:
1) Hear a child's laughter
2) Focus solely on making a cup of coffee or tea noticing the running water, the sound of the water boiling, how it tastes
3) Follow the breath as it enters the body noticing the temperature of the breath as it first touches the nostrils and how it feels as it leaves on the exhale
There are so many to try and being in the moment can bring so much joy.
'Mindfulness is the awareness that arises from paying attention, on purpose, in the present moment and non-judgmentally.' Jon Kabatt-Zinn
There are many benefits to practising mindfulness including:
1) Living in and experiencing the present moment fully
2) Taking time out of worrying about the past or catastrophising about the future
3) Being more aware of our thoughts, sensations and emotions
4) Improved interactions and relationships
5) Increased self-awareness